Healthy Foods, Healthy Skin
So the point is that it’s not only applying skin-healthy things on the skin can give you a better skin but it is more important to heal and improve your skin by some internal treatments. Food is a raw material for our body. Better raw material you supply to the body, better end result you’ll get from it. When you eat healthy foods for skin, your body makes your skin healthy from the inside and it shows externally. On the contrary, eating junk foods or unhealthy foods like fried foods can deteriorate the health of the skin and can make it dull or lifeless.
Foods for Glowing Skin
An overall healthy diet should be enough for a healthy skin. A good balanced diet provides skin the nutrition it needs. But there are certain types foods which are considered as the best foods for the skin. Let’s find out what kinds foods you really need for glowing skin.
One of the most important vitamins for the skin is Vitamin A. Vitamin A helps to keep skin soft and flexible. It helps to improve wrinkles, roughness or dryness and works as an anti-aging vitamin. Antioxidants play huge role in skin health. Antioxidants’ ability to fight free radicals helps to protect skin and cellular structure damages. Eating a diet high in antioxidants certainly can give younger looking and glowing skin. Vitamins such as Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E and Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin), and minerals such as manganese, selenium and zinc- all of this are well known for antioxidants properties.
Omega 3 fatty acids are extremely important for healthy and glowing skin. Lack of omega 3 fatty acids can lead to dry and itchy skin. Omega 3 essential fatty acids improve the ability of your skin to hold moisture, make your skin softer and wrinkle free. In addition, there is another nutrient that works as a wonder in anti-aging called Anthocyanins. Anthocyanins are flavonoids and water-soluble vacuolar pigments responsible for different pigmentations in plants and fruits. Anthocyanins are powerful antioxidants as well. They also contain anti-inflammatory properties. Anthocyanins play a key role in effective anti-aging skin therapy. Iron also plays an important role in skin health. Lack of iron in the blood can cause dark circles under the eyes. So, iron rich foods are also a part of healthy skin diet.
21 Outstanding Foods for Glowing Skin
Now let’s be specific on the foods which are really good for the skin. Among the many skin friendly foods given below is a list of the 21 outstanding foods for glowing skin.
- Tomatoes: Highly rich in antioxidants; it gives protection from the free radical damages done by the sun exposure. Lycopene in tomatoes inhibits the acne-promoting hormone.
- Green Tea: Another highly rich antioxidant drink that helps to improve the skin health, makes it younger and glowing. Anti-inflammatory properties of green tea reduce the skin blemishes. Green tea is a great drink to rejuvenate the skin cells.
- Berries: Berries especially blueberries are great for the skin. Blueberries contain Anthocyanins, which are great anti-aging therapy. Berries are known for antioxidant properties and as we know antioxidants are extremely essential for healthy skin. Other than blueberries strawberries and blackberries are particularly great for the skin.
- Salmon: It is extremely rich in omega 3 fatty acids. These essential fatty acids are responsible for healthy cell membranes and that is important for getting glowing skin.
- Sardines: Just like salmon, sardines are oily fish rich in omega3s.
- Brown Rice: Brown rice is rich in B vitamins, iron, zinc, manganese and selenium. All these are essential for healthy skin.
- Broccoli: It’s a wonderful skin food because of its richness in Vitamin C and Vitamin B6.
- Almond: Almond gives protection against inflammation, aging and skin cancer.
- Walnuts: Alpha-linolenic acid is omega 3 fatty acid found in the walnut is excellent for keeping the flexibility of the skin and making it look young.
- Soy: Soy products make the skin firm and wrinkle free. Soy flour, soy milk and soy nuggets are excellent foods for giving you glowing skin.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil: It contains valuable source of antioxidant and anti-inflammatory phytonutrients. Also, contains beta-carotene and vitamin E. Extra Virgin Olive Oil plays significant role in skin health.
- Apples: Apples' strong antioxidant benefits make them wonderful fruit for the skin.
- Flaxseed: Flaxseed and flaxseed oil rich in omega 3 fatty acids and they are very useful for anti-inflammatory properties. Flaxseed is very useful to cure skin disorders and flaxseed oil is useful for dry skin.
- Spinach: Spinach is a good source of vitamins B, C, and E, iron, and omega-3 fatty acids. No wonder it’s an outstanding food for the skin.
- Carrots: If you want to have glowing skin then go for the carrots! They are great sources of beta-carotene and Vitamin A. Carrots are wonderful root vegetables for developing and maintaining skin cells.
- Prunes: Rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin C and iron- prunes are excellent for maintain healthy skin.
- Kiwis: Don’t forget kiwis. This fuzzy fruit is loaded with vitamin C and antioxidants, which keep skin firm, help prevent wrinkles.
- Yogurt: Yogurt can improve skin texture and helps to clear your skin. It also reduces the impact of acne. Yogurt certainly a food for glowing skin.
- Sweet Potatoes: High in beta-carotene and antioxidants, sweet potatoes are very important anti-aging food.
- Papaya: Papaya is abundant in anti-oxidants due to the huge concentration of Vitamin A. Eating papaya enhances the skin clarity and helps to get glowing skin.
- Hemp Seeds: These seeds are excellent sources of iron, vitamin E, and omega-3 fatty acids. Hemp seeds make the skin soft and give it a healthy glow.
In addition, drink plenty of water. We know that water is the best skin health enhancer. Drink water to hydrate your skin so that it remains healthy, looks healthy and you’ll get a healthy and glowing skin.
These are 21 outstanding foods for glowing skin. Add these into your diet and you’ll definitely get benefited by them.
| || || |
| Related and Recommended|
Hand Care: How to Make Your Hands Beautiful and Sexy
Generally hands are the most visible parts of your body just next to the face. Yet many among us do not take care of the hands the way they look after the face. It is true that hands age much more quickly than the face. The delicate and thin skin back of the hands shows the signs of ageing more prominently than the face. In addition, many women who do the regular household work and gardening, develop the dark spots and sunspots on the hands. You must take note that hands are the most used and probably most roughly used parts of the body. So, it is no wonder that your hands look bad as the skin of the hands start to lose its glow and softness. But the surprising factor is ...
Read Full Article