There are many people around the world who are suffering from high blood sugar levels. Among them around one-third of the people are unaware that they have this serious health problem. Diabetes is often referred as diabetes mellitus. It is a metabolic disorder that affects the way body uses foods for energy and growth. There are three major types of diabetes and these are Type 1 diabetes, Type 2 diabetes and Gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM). High blood sugar levels or diabetes can occur for various reasons including obesity, bad food habits, family history, age and smoking. Diabetes can cause serious health complications including heart disease, blindness, kidney failure, and lower-extremity amputations. Therefore, you should check your blood sugar levels if you’re suffering from any symptoms of diabetes. Diabetes of high blood sugar levels can be controlled by proper medications and changing in lifestyle. Diabetes must be controlled otherwise the patient has a significantly higher risk of developing complications. In this article, we’ll discuss about some of the very effective home remedies for diabetes or home remedies for controlling diabetes. So, find out home remedies for diabetes – natural remedies for diabetes.
Given Below is a List of -
Home Remedies of Diabetes – Natural Remedies for Diabetes
- Fenugreek seeds are very potent food for controlling blood sugar levels. Soak half teaspoon of fenugreek seeds overnight, in the morning drink the soaked water along with the seeds on empty stomach.
- You can also eat one or half teaspoon of fenugreek seed powder on empty stomach to reduce blood sugar levels. Fenugreek seeds are one of the best home remedies for diabetes. The recommended daily allowance of fenugreek seed powder is 6 grams per day.
- Bitter gourd is really effective for controlling high blood sugar levels. Eat boiled bitter gourd or bitter melon and you’ll certainly get benefitted by it. According to the experts, bitter gourd or bitter melon works as a treatment for diabetes and it is especially very good for Type 2 diabetes.
- Antioxidant rich grapefruit is a wonder food for controlling diabetes. Grapefruit is important to prevent and cure diabetes. Eat three grapefruits a day to reduce blood sugar levels.
- Another very effective natural remedy of diabetes is oranges. Eating oranges can help to control blood sugar levels. Consult your doctor to know your carbohydrate count and that’ll determine how many oranges you can have in a day.
- Eating handful of groundnuts daily improves blood glucose control and blood lipids in people with type 2 diabetes.
- According to Ayurveda, eating two to three table spoons of black gram with half a cup of bitter gourd juice helps to cure mild cases of diabetes.
- One of the best home remedies for diabetes is tomato. This non-starchy vegetable stabilizes the insulin production and controls the percentage of sugar in the urine of diabetic patients.
- Cucumber is an excellent fruit for controlling and balancing blood sugar levels.
- Add soybeans to your diet as they are very good for controlling blood sugar levels.
- Eat flaxseeds in you salads, these are great seeds for the diabetics. You can also eat one tablespoon of flaxseeds after every meal to control the blood sugar levels. You should drink lots of water when you eat flaxseeds.
- According to Indian Traditional Medicine – Ayurveda, drinking one or two glasses of fresh bottle gourd juice in the morning on an empty stomach can cure diabetes.
- Indian gooseberry is also considered as a good food for controlling diabetes. Soak one Indian gooseberry in a glass of water. In the morning squeeze half of a lemon in the water and drink it on empty stomach. You can also drink Indian gooseberry juice to control blood sugar levels.
- Curry leaves can slow down the rate of starch-to-glucose breakdown in people with diabetes. Add curry leaves to your meal as these are very good natural remedies for diabetes.
- Eating fresh garlic cloves can reduce the blood sugar levels. Eat one clove of garlic in the morning on empty stomach to keep your heart healthy and control your diabetes. Garlic is a great home remedy for diabetes.
- Eating raw onions is highly effective for controlling blood sugar levels. Onion is a natural diabetes cure and like garlic, it contains sulphides which are great for lowering lipids.
- Fresh apple or green apple is a very good natural remedy for diabetes. Apple contains quercetin which is helpful in lowering blood sugar levels.
- Cinnamon increases the production of insulin and reduces blood sugar levels. Eating half teaspoon of ground cinnamon before the meal can significantly reduce the blood sugar levels.
- Chickpeas or Garbanzo beans are very effective for controlling diabetes. American Diabetes Association recommends chickpeas for preventing diabetes. Chickpeas are high in protein and fiber and that’s why they are very helpful in stabilizing blood sugar levels.
- The list of home remedies of diabetes cannot be completed without mentioning the green tea. Green tea is particularly very good for Type 2 diabetes. It improves insulin sensitivity and reduces the risk of developing Type 2 diabetes.
In addition, oatmeal, spinach, green beans, almonds, olive oil, yogurt and omega 3 fatty acids fish like salmon and tuna are very effective to control diabetes naturally.
Those are the excellent home remedies of diabetes and list 20 natural remedies for diabetes. Eating those foods can reduce blood sugar levels naturally. Remember, diabetes can be treated or prevented by choosing right foods, medications and exercise. So it is important for you to exercise so that you can burn both fatty acids and glucose. This process will improve the production of the insulin.
Image courtesy of Suat Eman / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
| Related and Recommended|
Foods That Lower Your Blood Sugar Level
There are foods that can help to lower blood sugar level. High blood sugar level can be controlled by having right kind of foods. So it’s not only about the drugs but also having a well balanced diet. Low-glycemic foods help to lower the blood sugar level. For the diabetics it is important to choose the right kind of foods, foods high in fiber, to lower the level of glucose in the body. At the same time they should avoid fried foods, foods with lots of fats, creamed foods and the foods that contain high amounts of sugar. Diabetic diet needs to include more of steamed, baked and roasted foods...