Indigestion is a very common problem but you shouldn't take it lightly. Digestive disorders can lead to more dangerous health problems. Most common digestive disorders are including constipation, heartburn or GERD, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Irritable bowel syndrome and inflammatory bowel disease. Some of the symptoms of digestive disorders are bloating, stomach pain, gas and stomach cramps. According to a new research, people with inflammatory bowel disease are more susceptible of migraine headaches than people without the conditions. The good thing is that indigestion or digestive problems can be solved by little effort and without any conventional medicines. There are many natural ingredients which can help you immensely to get rid of indigestion and digestive disorders. Most of these things you can easily find in your kitchen any time, so it’s not a very big deal! In this article, we’ll discuss about 10 very important and effective home remedies for indigestion.
Here are the Top 10 Home Remedies for
Indigestion and Digestive Disorders:
- Fenugreek leaves and fenugreek seeds are very effective indigestion and gas. Mix one teaspoon of fenugreek seeds powder and mix it with a glass of water. Drink this mixture before any meal to get rid of digestion problems and heartburn. To improve your digestion process- simply add more fenugreek seeds and leaves to your diet.
- Black gram is an excellent natural food to cure indigestion. Eat more black gram as it has the ability to treat gastric problems, dyspepsia and dysentery. It’s a good food for boosting your digestive system.
- Mixture of one teaspoon each of fresh lime juice and honey is a wonderful remedy for indigestion. You can have this mixture to get rid of heartburn, indigestion and vomiting.
- Ginger is used as medicines for many health problems. It is one of the best home remedies for indigestion and digestive disorders as well. Ginger is extremely useful in the treatment of flatulence, stomach pain, vomiting and dyspepsia. Make a mixture of half teaspoon of ginger juice and one teaspoon each of mint & lime juice. Add one tablespoon of honey in it. This mixture is very good in treatment of indigestion. Drink ginger tea to keep your digestive system healthy.
- Thyme is a very good herb for preventing digestive problems. If you have digestive problems then add more fresh thyme or dried thyme to your diet. You can also drink thyme tea to get rid of digestive disorders including heartburn and flatulence.
- Drink holy basil tea to keep your digestion process healthy. Holy basil or Tulsi is very good for the digestive tract, it cure indigestion and other digestive problems such as dysentery and diarrhea.
- Barley is very useful to heal and rejuvenate the digestive system. It’s a very good food for curing constipation. Eating boiled barley seeds can be a good idea to treat constipation. Make a barley brew and drink it to boost your digestive system.
- Add more cinnamon to your diet to improve digestion process. Take two tablespoon of honey and add little bit of cinnamon powder in it. Eat the mixture before meal for healthy digestion.
- Honey is one of the most effective home remedies for indigestion and digestive disorders. It helps to maintain the health of the stomach. Honey prevents and reduces nausea, heart burn and vomiting. The combination of honey and milk helps in proper functioning gastrointestinal tract and also aids in smooth bowel movements.
- Cumin seeds can give you relief from indigestion. Add two tablespoons of cumin seeds in one glass of water. Boil the mixture for five minutes and leave it to cool down completely. Strain the liquid and drink it. This is a very good remedy for indigestion and stomach problems.
One additional Point: Take one glass of warm water and mix one teaspoon each of lemon juice and honey into it. Drink the liquid after every meal to improve your digestion and cure any indigestion problem.
More Tips to Prevent Indigestion:
- Add lots of fiber rich vegetables and fruits to your diet
- Exercise regularly to improve digestion
- Lose weight and reduce your digestion problem
- Eat slowly and eat in small portion
- Have more probiotic foods
- Stop smoking
- Limit alcohol intake
- Avoid extra salt
- If you’re lactose intolerant then avoid milk & milk product
- Drink plenty of water
Above mentioned tips and remedies are very effective home remedies for indigestion and digestive disorders. Try to control your stress because stress can hamper digestive health. Get enough sleep and meditate for relaxation. Do not eat foods that give you stomach problems. Take your time when you eat, chew your food well. All these small things can be very helpful to get rid of indigestion and to promote good digestive health. Try these home remedies for treating indigestion and digestive disorders but if you have any doubt or have chronic digestive problem then you must see your doctor immediately.
Image courtesy of Suat Eman / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
| Related and Recommended|
Worst Foods for Your Stomach and Digestive System
Diet plays extremely important roles to keep the stomach healthy. Unhealthy diet leads to various stomach problems such as gas, bloating constipation, heart burn, diarrhea and other serious Gastrointestinal Tract or GIT diseases. A healthy diet is all important for immune system healthy. Poor diet and poor nutrition makes the body cells weak and as a result cells cannot perform properly. So, for performing all the functions optimally body cells need good nutrition. The gastrointestinal (GI) tract is very important for keeping the digestive system and immune system healthy...